Welcome to the 2021 Queens Borough Visual Arts Festival Submission Form.
The 2021 Visual Arts Exhibition will be a virtual gallery celebrating the creativity of our Queens public school students.
Application Deadline: April 12, 2021
- Accepting visual artwork from Queens Students in grades 3K through 12, Districts 24-30 and 75
- Teachers may submit ONE ENTRY PER APPLICATION. Teachers may submit up to (2) applications, but must complete one application before starting another. Artworks do not have to come from the same class or grade level.
- Artwork should represent the best student-created work produced in blended, remote, or in-person classrooms this academic year.
- Please refer to the grade appropriate Blueprint Benchmarks to help you guide decision-making regarding submission choices.
- The entry includes student statement that answers the following prompts:
Grades 3K-5 Questions
- What can you tell me about your artwork?
- What do you want people to think about or feel when they look at your artwork?
Grades 6-12 Questions
- How has being an artist made a difference in your life?
- What inspires you as an artist?
- What are you tying to communicate with your artwork?
- Incomplete submissions will NOT be considered.
- A panel of art educators will adjudicate the first round of submissions
- The committee will do its best to assure even representation among all Queens districts.
- Teachers will be notified by the last week of April 2021.
- Film works are accepted! Films cannot exceed 5 minutes and can be uploaded directly to the application.
- Files must be labeled: ArtworkName.jpg Example: CatWithVase.png -OR- FantasticSeven.mov
- Review this photo guide for taking images of artwork
For MUSIC and PERFORMING ARTS submissions, please visit the 2021 Queens Borough Performing Arts Application.
For technical support, please email email@example.com.
For questions about the Queens Borough Arts Festival, please email Vanessa Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org.