Welcome to the 7th Annual Manhattan Borough Arts Festival 2021
Application Deadline: Friday, April 2, 2021
In light of our current situation, we will be staying remote this year. As such, there will be two (2) ways to participate this year:
1) You may submit performances of your students: either in-person or remote videos are acceptable.
2) NEW this year! You can apply to participate in a multi-school collaborative remote performance. The song options will be offered by level. Teachers can submit either a section or entire performance of our pre-selected songs. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION FOR THE K-8/HIGH SCHOOL MULTI-SCHOOL COLLABORATIVE PERFORMANCE.
- Licensed DOE art specialists are eligible to enter submissions.
- Each school may submit up to three (3) student applications. These can include K-12 students in Music, Dance, and Theater ensemble performances.
- This year only, we will accept a limited number of solo submissions. These will be included in your total of 3 school submissions.
- Complete this form once for each performance you wish to enter in the competition.
- Performances may not exceed 3 minutes.
Student Reflection Questions
(Please prepare in advance. You can answer the reflection question either in text or video. Videos are preferred; accepted performances will utilize video statements in a video introduction on the BAF website.)
- How did practicing Music/Theater/Dance impact your quarantine and/or remote learning experience over the past school year (fall 2020- spring 2021)?
- What is the main idea or feeling you want to convey with your performance of this piece of repertoire?
Student Permission Forms
New this year, completed permission forms for each student performer are required as part of the application. An upload of a signed permission form or a screenshot from a parent/guardian's email will be permitted.
Click here for more information and to download the student permission form.
For technical questions about the application, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For content questions, email ManhattanBAF@schools.nyc.gov