Welcome to the 7th Annual Manhattan Borough Arts Festival 2021
Application Deadline: Monday, March 1, 2020
- Only NYS licensed Visual Arts specialists (not teaching artists) are eligible to submit work
- This year teachers may submit as many student artwork as they wish, but are limited to 1 per student. (Ex. A teacher can submit 20 different pieces of work from 20 different students but not 3 from the same student. )
- Please ensure that the artwork you are submitting to the Festival is not duplicate artwork submitted to PS Art
- Complete this form once for each artwork you wish to enter
- Have JPEG image file(s) ready to upload
Student Reflection Questions for All Levels
For Elementary, please answer one/two complete sentences per question.
For Middle and High School, please write one complete paragraph responding to all 4 questions.
If recording video responses, please stick to the same general parameters. Your video should address all questions.
(Please prepare in advance. You can either type in answers or make a video answering these questions and upload it.)
- How did art-making impact your quarantine and/or remote learning experience over the past school year (fall 2020- spring 2021?)
- Is this piece directly inspired by your quarantine or remote learning experience? If yes- how so?
- What is the main idea or theme you want to express in this piece of artwork?
- How did you represent that idea or theme on the paper or if not using paper, through other mediums?
Student Permission Form
New this year, completed permission forms are required as part of the application. An upload of a signed permission form or a screenshot from a parent/guardian's email will be permitted.
Click here for more information and to download the student permission form.
For technical questions about the application, email email@example.com
For content questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org