Welcome to the 2021 Queens Borough Arts Performing Arts Virtual Showcase Application
Deadline: March 19, 2021
The 2021 Performing Arts Virtual Showcase will go live in June 2021. Date TBD
All Queens Performing Arts teachers in Music, Dance, and/or Theater are invited to submit a maximum of TWO (2) performances for consideration in the showcase.
Before you begin the online application, please read these guidelines in their entirety.
Please complete an application form for EACH performance you wish to enter in the virtual showcase. Answers cannot be edited once you have submitted this form, however you are able to save a draft prior to submitting, so please review your answers prior to submission.
- Music, Theater and Dance performances from Queens students in grades Pre-K to 12
- Only licensed DOE art specialists are eligible to enter submissions.
- Please refer to the grade appropriate Blueprint Benchmarks to help guide your decision regarding submission choices.
- All performances should represent the best student-produced piece from this academic year.
- ALL FINAL PERFORMANCES will be limited to a total of 5 minutes in length. (please do not submit videos longer than 5 minutes)
- All submissions should comply with all CDC, NYC DOE and NYC DOH regulations around COVID-19. Please ensure that students are properly spaced out if performing in person. All video recordings should be of the best quality possible for viewing and audio quality.
- A panel of NYC arts educators will adjudicate the submissions.
- Individual expressiveness and technical proficiency will be considered during the selection process.
- Due to webpage limitations, it is not possible to guarantee representation of every school. Our committee will do its best to ensure even representation among Districts 24-30 and D75.
Please remember: You will need to submit a separate application for each performance.
***Before you begin the application, please re-name your video or audio files with ONLY the title of your piece prior to uploading.
Do you need help creating a virtual performance?
See our tip sheet here.
Wondering what we are looking for during adjudication of performing arts?
For Visual Art or Film submissions, please submit your application here:
2021 Visual Arts Application
For general website support please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For content support, please contact Queens North Borough Arts Coordinator, Jenny Falcone, at email@example.com.