WELCOME TO THE 7TH ANNUAL BROOKLYN BOROUGH PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 1, 2021
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Click HERE to view all submission questions /requirements prior to starting the application process.
- Complete one form for each performance you wish to enter in the festival.
- Answers cannot be edited once you have submitted this form; however, you are able to save a draft prior to submitting, so please review your answers when inputting.
Music, Theater, and Dance performances from Brooklyn schools in grades K-12 in SY 2020-2021.
- Each school may submit up to TWO performances per arts teacher
- Submitted work must represent the intended piece to be performed at this year’s virtual festival
- Total persons in performing group may not exceed 15 students
- Total running time may not exceed FIVE minutes
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Refer to the grade appropriate Blueprint Benchmarks to help guide decision making regarding submission choices.
- Collaborative Performance: Schools selected for the festival will also have an opportunity to have student and teacher representatives in our collaborative performance piece. To view performances from the 2019 Performing Arts Festival, please click HERE.
STUDENT MEDIA CONSENT FORMS
Completed permission form of each student performer is required for any accepted performances. An upload of a signed permission form or a screenshot from a parent/guardian's email will be permitted.
Click here for more information and to download the student permission form.
Submission does not guarantee representation at the festival. We strive for access and equity for all our schools. Schools who have not performed in the last two years will have priority. Our committee will do its best to ensure representation among Brooklyn’s 12 districts, including district 75. This is a competitive process, and though we would like to accept as many performances as possible, we are limited by time and space.
APPLICATION PROCESS QUESTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To ensure you have all the requirements prior to filling out the online application, please have the necessary information and videos.
- Teacher Information (phone, email)
- School Address
- Principal Information (including DOE email address)
- Title of Performance
- Running Time
- Grade Level
- Number of Students in Performance
- Upload Video or link to the Performance
- Upload Introduction video of performance
- Upload 1-3 pictures
- Upload word document of student names
For technical questions about the application, email email@example.com
Other questions, please email Joy Pace: Space@schools.nyc.gov